Conventional air pollution monitoring at a single location involves measurements by a suite of sensors having different technologies from different manufacturers - integrated and housed in a rather bulky shipping container. The air sample to be monitored is generally sucked in from a particular location by means of a pump, & routed into different chambers through conduits connected to the suite of sensors. The air sub-samples are then analyzed by different sensors to give in-vitro estimates of the different parameters constituting the air quality. Therefore, monitoring of air pollution at a single location with the disparate sensors of varying sensitivities, accuracies and temporal responses, not only pose significant challenges in data acquisition and assimilation, but also, involves significantly high costs in order to arrive at digestible information for researchers, policy makers as well as the common public.
Photonic Technology :- A novel photonic system AUM (Air Unique-quality Monitoring) was developed to monitor real time pollution in AIR . Laser scans the Motions, Gases and Particles. Thus enabling the remote detector to gather relevant information. The single system is capable of monitoring all the important pollutants at one go, with higher accuracies and sensitivities. An all in one compact remote monitoring system. Where a single laser beam records 1000 data points per mili second. The combination of photonics and exceptional signal / image processing package can map hydrodynamic waves in milliseconds and thereby alerts and alarms generated regarding expected catastrophe (s). AUM is a paradigm shift in creating new science in Gas Analysis, Continuous monitoring, Gas leak detection, Fugitive gas monitoring, Vehicle emission monitoring etc.
AUM EFFORTLESSLY MEASURES DIFFERENT CLASSES OF
• CONTINUOUS EMISSION MONITORING SYSTEMS (CEMS): - Major Pollutants gases like CO2, CO, H/C’s, H2S, NOx, O3, Sox and other oxidants. Organic Particulates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) - such as formaldehyde, benzene, methylene chloride and perchloroethylene.
• CONTINUOUS OPACITY MONITORING SYSTEMS (COMS): - Total Suspended Particles (TSP). Any Particles less than 1m in diameter. Lead Particulates / Particulate Material (PM 2.5 / PM 10) and classifies between lead, metal, gas etc.
• CONTINUOUS PARAMETRIC MONITORING SYSTEMS (CPMS): - Measures the source from far away distance, only line of sight is required. Measures a surrogate pollutant like Carbon Monoxide (CO), Methane, Hydrocarbons etc. or any stationary combustion source / Stack Emissions Monitoring. Temperature, humidity, Air pressure etc. at different heights can be measured. Smoke, Fire etc. differentiates between smoke and steam.
• METEOROLOGICAL MEASUREMENT: - Measures meteorological factors like ambient temperature, humidity, wind parameters like speed, velocity, direction , precipitation, solar radiation,
• NOISE MONITORING :- A novel eaves dropping technology capturing sound / voice / noise from distant location. the technology is capable of simultaneously recording and playing the audio signals without use of any wires. the technology is proved to be highly sensitive.
• OCEAN / FLOOD MONITORING: - AUM will co-relate dams water levels, ocean tides, and waves height, river water levels and rainfall. This will assist to estimate water logging, flooding and alert the citizen well in advance of upcoming adversity if any. The system will also support for flood area inundation mapping. At high altitudes avalanche monitoring will also be done. This all correlation will assist to protect citizen and prevent collateral damages.
• SMOG & WILDFIRE MONITORING: - AUM using its image processing capabilities can detect, predict, prevent, preserve and map burning of agriculture residuals, wild fires from forest, or also events like tyre burning say at scrap market etc. This will assist authorities and local councils to take immediate corrective action.
• AUM GAS ANALYZER: - DETECTS MIXTURE OF GASES IN STATIONARY OR MOBILE PHASE. WITHOUT ANY CONSTRAIN OF WAVELENGTH, TEMPERATURE or MIXTURE
AUM (AIR UNIQUE-QUALITY MONITORING).